W elcome! I am a Senior Lecturer in the
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at
The University of Melbourne, where I am the Director of Industry-faced Programs,
and a member of the Control and Signal Processing
and Communications and Networks Laboratories.
I am also a member of the Centre for Market Design (CMD), Melbourne Energy Institute (MEI)
and CEET. >> more
My main research area is decision making (game theory, control, optimisation) for security and resource allocation in networked, communication and energy systems. Current research topics include: power systems (demand management, energy markets, risk management), the role of information in game theory and mechanism design, game-theoretic approaches to network security, and mechanism design for efficient allocation of resources (energy, water, communications). >> more
I received my BS degree in EE from Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey), MS and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (USA), where I worked with Prof. Tamer Başar. Subsequently, I worked in Deutsche Telekom Laboratories (T-labs), as Senior Research Scientist and was an Assistant Professor (Juniorprofessur) at the Tech. Univ. Berlin (TUB), in Germany. >> more
- The recent projects I participate as Chief Investigator (CI) have received total funding of AUD 1381000 from Australian Research Council in 2014.
- Mechanisms and Games for Dynamic Spectrum Allocation, Eds. T. Alpcan, H. Boche, M. L. Honig, and H. V. Poor. The new book is now available!
- I have become a Senior Member of IEEE in 2013.
- I have joined the Dept. of EEE at The University of Melbourne as Senior Lecturer in October 2011.
- I have now over one hundred publications (books, book chapters, journal and conference articles)! It is a nice milestone.
- I am an initiator and steering board member of Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security - GameSec
My Life: a Visual Story
This picture summarizes various stages of my life. more...
- "The role of information in game-theoretic decisions on distributed systems," ARC Discovery Project (DP), 2014-1016 as Lead Chief Investigator (CI).
- "The impact of the mass adoption of electric cars on the Australian electricity grid," ARC Linkage Project (LP), 2010-2014 as CI.
- "Improving the Operation of Large-Scale Irrigation Networks through Automation," ARC LP, 2014-2016 as CI.
- "Easing the squeeze: dynamic and distributed resource allocation with cognitive radio," ARC DP, 2014-1016 as CI, jointly with Monash University.
- "Achieving cost effective abatement from Australian electricity generation", 2012-2014 (as Investigator), funded by Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
I currently teach:
- ELEN90069 Electrical Power Systems, which is offered within the Master of Energy Systems program.
- ELEN90061 Communication Networks.
My book "Network Security: A Decision and Game Theoretic Approach" is co-authored with Tamer Başar and published by Cambridge University Press in 2011. Announcements and up-to-date information can be found at the blog of the book.more...
"Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
The University of Melbourne
VIC 3010, Australia"
Tel: +61 (0) 3 8344 8145