W elcome to my personal website! I am a Senior Lecturer in the
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at
The University of Melbourne, where I am a member of the
Control and Signal Processing
as well as the Communications and Networks Laboratories.
I am also the Director of Industry Faced Programs in EEE
and a contributor to CEET. >> more
My research areas include game theory, systems & control, optimisation, and communication with applications to various security and resource allocation problems in networked and energy systems. >> more
I received my BS degree from Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey), MS and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (USA), where I worked with Prof. Tamer Başar. Subsequently, I worked in Deutsche Telekom Laboratories (T-labs), Berlin, Germany, as senior research scientist and was an assistant professor (Juniorprofessur) at the Technical University of Berlin. >> more
- The recent projects I participate as Chief Investigator (CI) have received total funding of AUD 1381000 from Australian Research Council in 2014.
- Mechanisms and Games for Dynamic Spectrum Allocation, Eds. T. Alpcan, H. Boche, M. L. Honig, and H. V. Poor. The new book is now available!
- I have become a Senior Member of IEEE in 2013.
- I have joined the Dept. of EEE at The University of Melbourne as Senior Lecturer in October 2011.
- I have now over one hundred publications (books, book chapters, journal and conference articles)! It is a nice milestone.
- I am an initiator and steering board member of Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security - GameSec
My Life: a Visual Story
This picture summarizes various stages of my life. more...
- "The role of information in game-theoretic decisions on distributed systems," ARC Discovery Project (DP), 2014-1016 as Chief Investigator (CI).
- "The impact of the mass adoption of electric cars on the Australian electricity grid," ARC Linkage Project (LP), 2010-2014 as CI.
- "Improving the Operation of Large-Scale Irrigation Networks through Automation," ARC LP, 2014-2016 as CI.
- "Easing the squeeze: dynamic and distributed resource allocation with cognitive radio," ARC DP, 2014-1016 as CI, jointly with Monash University.
- "Achieving cost effective abatement from Australian electricity generation", 2012-2014 (as Investigator), funded by Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
I am teaching this semester the subject
ELEN90069 Electrical Power Systems, which is offered within
the Master of Energy Systems program. The course provides an introduction to electrical power generation, transmission, and
distribution as well as energy markets, mainly for those who are not electrical engineers.
Lecture times: Thursdays 6:15pm - 9:15pm in Alan Gilbert-Theatre 3.
Consultation: Thursdays 5-6pm in my office.
"Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
The University of Melbourne
VIC 3010, Australia"
Tel: +61 (0) 3 8344 8145